A Game of Thrones Card Game (HBO Ed.)
Players Age: 12+
Publisher: Fantasy Flight Games
Out of Stock
Based on the epic HBO series, Game of Thrones is a card game in which two players wage war in the fields of Westeros and conspire to crush their opponents at court in King’s Landing. Two fixed, fifty-card decks allow players to take control of either House Lannister or House Stark.
Each deck includes the show’s most recognizable characters and locations, including Eddard Stark, Cersei Lannister, Robert Baratheon, Littlefinger, and Jon Snow.
Claim Power for Your House
Game of Thrones presents two fixed decks of fifty cards each, one for House Stark and one for House Lannister. Each deck includes many of the show’s most recognizable characters and locations, including Eddard Stark, Cersei Lannister, Robert Baratheon, Littlefinger, and Jon Snow, among others.
In this tense struggle for power, each player attempts to outmaneuver his foe on the battlefield, at court, and with the people of Westeros, positioning his House to claim the Iron Throne (a feat represented by the acquisition of fifteen power tokens). Over the course of a game, players use their plot cards, which represent their Houses’ various schemes and pursuits, to gain various advantages. Then, they marshall their forces. By playing characters, locations, and attachments, a player can put himself in a better position to engage his opponent in the game’s three types of challenges:
- Military: These challenges represent the fierce battles taking place across the war-torn realm. Unless he wins the challenge, the defending player must choose and kill a number of his characters in play equal to the claim value on the attacking player’s revealed plot (these do not have to be characters who participated in the challenge).
- Intrigue: These challenges evoke the subtle and secretive betrayals rampant at court. Unless he wins the challenge, the defending player must discard, at random, a number of cards from his hand equal to the claim value on the attacking player’s revealed plot.
- Power: Finally, these challenges represent the overt political maneuvering and dealmaking that can so often lead to influence. Unless he wins the challenge, the defending player must move a number of power counters from his House banner to the attacking player’s House banner equal to the claim value on the attacking player’s revealed plot.
As players win challenges, they claim power for their House. The first player to gain fifteen power has cemented his control over the Iron Throne, winning the game!
Live the Story
“I'm a purveyor of beauty and discretion, both equally important.”
With its evocative imagery and rich gameplay, Game of Thrones: The Card Game captures the lush and vibrant imagery of HBO’s Game of Thrones in a format that makes a perfect two-player introduction to the world of Westeros.
It features photographs and artwork from the television series. Furthermore, Game of Thrones makes the intrigues of Westeros immediately accessible with streamlined rules and fixed decks of fifty cards each for House Stark and House Lannister. The whole experience is meant to help players dive into the game’s plots and battles as quickly as possible.
Meanwhile, Game of Thrones: The Card Game builds upon the its fixed decks by offering tremendous potential for strategy and replay with its unique rules for plot drafting. By pursuing new schemes each game, players retain a vital element of surprise.
- A two-player card game based on the hit HBO series Game of Thrones
- Features evocative images from the show, including fan favorite characters from Houses Lannister and Stark
- Streamlines the rules for the popular Living Card Game, making it more accessible to a wider audience (this product is similar to, but not compatible with, the LCG)