Ancient Warfare XIV.2
Theme: Rise of the Roman legion
- Marc DeSantis, 'The Roman army of the fourth century BC - Livy's manipular legion'.
- Jeremy Armstrong, 'Considering the early Roman army - New approaches and paradigms'.
- Josh Hall, 'Rome's first steps towards empire - The Siege of Veii, 406-396 BC'.
- Michael Taylor, 'The origin of the manipular legion - Parsing the phalanx'.
- Ross Cowan, 'Pilum, hasta, gladius, and scutum - Weapons of the early legions'.
- Duncan B. Campell, 'Soldiers, sailors, and seamen - Roman fleet personnel'.
- M.C. Bishop, 'The Roman Niederbieber helmets - Form and function'.
- Jo Ball, 'A civilian complaint from Vindolanda - Soldiers behaving badly'.
- Molly Willett, '"Able to make as good a use of night as of day" - Nighttime warfare'.
- Murray Dahm, 'Elite hoplite units in the city of Cadmus - The 300... Thebans?!'.