Black Seas: French Navy Fleet (1770 - 1830)
Black Seas - The Age Of Sail era, fleet ship-of-the-line, combat game set between 1770 and 1830.
The French Navy has a history of highs and lows, both in terms of successes in battle and in the number and quality of its ships. In the mid-1700s, after the defeats of the Seven Years’ War, the French Navy was at a nadir. However, due to the efforts of Louis XV and later Louis XVI, France rebuilt and reinforced its fleets with well-designed and well-built ships.
Why sail the French Navy?
Though French gunnery and training had formally equalled that of its Spanish and British counterparts prior to the French revolution, those events severely weakened the French Navy. High ranking officers had been removed or even guillotined, and inexperienced crewmen through necessity had been promoted.
French ships, however, were generally well built, and quick. This is reflected in the national special rules for the French Navy. They are able to purchase both the 'sturdy' and 'streamlined' upgrades for a discounted cost. French crews were also trained to shoot high, in order to capture enemy ships rather than destroy them. As such, they do not suffer the same penalties to hit when aiming high as the other navies do.
- 3 plastic frigates
- 6 plastic brigs
- 3 plastic third rates
- 1 resin & metal first-rate
- 1 gun boats base
- A selection of Metal figureheads and backplates to make famous French Navy Ships:
- Redoubtable - a 74 gun third-rate ship of the line
- Themis - a 40 gun frigate
- L'Aigle - a 74 gun third-rate ship of the line
- L'Hermione - a 32 gun frigate
- Comete - a frigate
- Bucentaure - an 80 gun third-rate ship of the line
- French Navy Flags, Sails & rigging sheets + Bobbin for Rigging
- Game cards and wake markers
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Milsims Games users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.