Commands & Colors: Ancients (Core Game)
Commands & Colors: Ancients allows you to re-fight epic battles of the ancient world. Here the focus is on the two rivals for power in the Western Mediterranean – Carthage and Rome. Will you, as Hannibal, triumph over larger Roman armies; or as Scipio Africanus, will you beat Hannibal with newer tactics of your own?
Units in both armies can only move and fight when ordered. The command playing cards supply those orders, providing an element of luck that creates a fog of war and presents players with both challenges and opportunities. You must maximize your opportunities by playing your command cards judiciously. How well you handle the diverse units, their weapons, and the terrain, will determine victory.
Commands & Colors: Ancients contains the battles of Akragas, Crimissos River, Ticinus River, Lake Trasimenus, Cannae, Dertosa, Castulo, Baecula, Ilipa, and Zama.
- 2007 BoardGameGeek's Golden Geek Award as co-winner of Best Two-Player Game
- 2007 BoardGamer.ru Best Wargame
- 2007 BoardGameGeek Golden Geek Award Winner, Best 2-player Game (tied).
- 2007 Games 100 Historical Simulation Game Nominee.
- 2006 Origins Awards Winner, Historical Board Game of the Year.
- 2006 Charles S. Roberts awards Nominee, Best Pre-World War II Boardgame.
- UNIT LABELS: Five full-color sheets of unit labels to affix to the 345 wooden blocks.
- MAP: One 22"x34" full-color mapsheet + three sheets of Terrain Tile Overlays (double-sided)
- CARDS: 60 Command Cards
- 28-page Rule and Battle book
- 2 full color Player Aid cards
- 7 Battle dice
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Milsims Games users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.