Great Battles of Alexander: Deluxe Edition
The Great Battles of Alexander: Deluxe Edition, the updated, expanded, full-color-enhanced version of the best-selling, multi-award-winning game system that started the Great Battles of History series, includes new game counters, maps, packaging, battles, and scenarios that cover all the major battles from the original game and the Juggernaut module, plus five additional battles ... ten in all. The Great Battles of Alexander: Deluxe Edition is virtually the complete history of Alexander the Great and the Macedonian art of war.
- Chaeronea 338BC
Phillip II of Macedonia defeats Athenian and Theban armies to establish hegemony over Greece.
- Pelium 336BC
Alexander secures his rear lines in the Balkans by smashing the Illyrians under Clitus.
- The Lyginus 336BC
Alexander subdues the Triballians in his first campaign as King of Macedonia.
- Jaxartes 329BC
A nasty river crossing against the always-dangerous Scythians.
- Samarkand 328BC
A Macedonian expedition under Pharnaces heads north to punish the Scythians but is trapped before Alexander can help.
- The Granicus 334BC
Alexander faces his first Asian test across the banks of the Granicus River against a force determined to stop the invaders.
- Issus 333BC
The Persian King, Darius III, steals a march on Alexander and surprises him by cutting his lines of communication.
- Gaugamela 331BC
Alexander, having conquered half of the Persian Empire, turns east to face the huge army Darius has assembled.
- Arigaeum 327BC
Alexander assaults a mountain stronghold on the way to the Indus.
- The Hydaspes 326BC
Alexander's last battle, this time against King Porus' Indians and the cataphracted Indian Elephant Corps!
- Third Edition rules, with many changes and additions
- New maps for The Granicus and Chaeronea, plus an expanded Gaugamela map
- Armies for the Danubian tribes, Illyrians, Greeks, Persians, Scythians, and Indians
- Eighteen new Macedonian Commanders
- New Restricted Line Command system for Persians, Indians and Greeks
- Wing Commanders and Macedonian Contingent Commanders
- Cavalry Shock Formations: The Companion Wedge and the Thessalian Diamond
- The Persian Immortals and Kinsmen, Macedonian artillery, cataphracted cavalry ... and cataphracted elephants!
Time Scale: 20 mins / turn
Map Scale: 70 yards / hex
Unit Scale: 100 men / strength point
Complexity: Medium (4/8)
Solitaire: High (5/8)
- 720 full-color two-sided counters, including 43 full-color two-sided double-size counters
- Three full-color double-sided 22x34" mapsheets
- 32-page Rule Book
- 24-page Scenario Book
- Two 8.5x11" cards showing game charts & tables
- One 10-sided die
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Milsims Games users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.