Theme: The Battle of Vlaardingen
- David Bachrach, 'Origins of the German Empire - The rise of the Ottonians'.
- David Bachrach, '"Who could doubt that such a powerful army would prevail?" - The Battle of Vlaardingen'.
- Sidney Dean, 'No rabble at Vlaardingen - The Frisian militia system'.
- Peter Konieczny, 'Further reading - Books and articles on the Ottonian Empire'.
- Steven Muhlberger, 'A personal golden age of chivalry - The good duke'.
- Jonathan Good, 'A heavenly assist on the battlefield - The warrior saints'.
- Randall Moffett, 'With helmet, shield, and spear - The millennium warrior'.
- Kay Smith and Ruth R. Brown, '"But he bear a basilard" - The dagger in medieval London'.
- Leszek Gardela, 'The buried warriors of Poland - Lutomiersk unveiled'.
- James Titterton, 'The military ruse as a manifestation of prudence - The virtue of cunning'.
- Murray Dahm, 'Warrior, saint, martyr - Joan of Arc on film'.