Panzer IV/70 (A) (GE110)

The Panzer IV/70 tank was derived from the Jagdpanzer IV tank-hunter. The Jagdpanzer IV was designed as a replacement for the StuG G and StuG IV. It became known as Guderian’s Duck after General Heinz Guderian objected to its introduction. He felt that the StuG assault guns were more than adequate and production resources were better spent on Panzer IV tanks.

Early in the design process it was decided to arm the new vehicle with the 7.5cm PaK 42 L/70 gun as found in the excellent Panther tank. These new models began production in August 1944.

Two versions saw use in Hungary, the interim Panzer IV/70 (A), which mounted the superstructure on a Panzer IV tank hull, and the Panzer IV/70 (V), which used the specially designed Jagdpanzer IV hull and superstructure. Both had the same thickness of front armour, but the Panzer IV/70 (V) was lower and had a better integrated hull and superstructure with well-sloped armour. However, both versions’ armour and long gun made them nose heavy and slow moving.

 

The Panzer IV/70 (A) in Flames Of War


The Panzer IV/70 (A) tank combined the excellent gun of the Panther tank with the tested hull of the Panzer IV tank. With additional armour this made for a formidable fighting vehicle.

Mobility: Fully-tracked
Front 8; Side 3; Top 1
Range: 32"/80cm
ROF 2; Anti-tank 14; Firepower 3+

Equipment and Notes
Hull MG, Overloaded, Schürzen, Slow tank, Hull mounted.

Designed by Evan Allen
Painted by James Brown

(15800)

SKU 15800
Barcode # 9420020213869

Be The First To Review This Product!

Help other Milsims Games users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.

Write a product review