Catan - 5th Edition (Base Set)
Players are recent immigrants to the newly populated island of Catan. Expand your colony through the building of settlements, roads, and villages by harvesting commodities from the land around you. Trade sheep, lumber, bricks and grain for a settlement, bricks and wood for a road, or try to complete other combinations for more advanced buildings, services and specials.
Trade with other players or at local seaports to get resources you might lack. The first player to achieve 10 points from a combination of roads, settlements, and special cards wins.
5th Edition Changes
- The boxes have all transitioned from landscape to portrait.
- The graphics of all covers and tiles and cards were executed by the same artist.
- The backs of all cards remain the same, the faces of the cards are new art.
- The tiles have similar perspective to the 4th edition tiles, but the art is new and slightly different, it’s a new artist.
- The dice remain the same
- The wood components remain the same colours and supplier.
- The rules book contains new graphics.
- The tile size and cut remain the same as the previous 4th edition, since July 2013.
- 19 unique hexagonal region tiles
- 6 sea frame pieces
- 9 extra harbour pieces
- 20 wooden settlement pieces
- 16 wooden city pieces
- 60 wooden road pieces
- 95 resource cards
- 25 development cards
- 4 building cost cards
- 2 special bonus cards
- 18 die-cut number tokens
- 2 six-sided dice
- 1 wooden robber pawn
- 1 set of full color rules and almanac
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Milsims Games users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.