Flames of War: Hungarian Steel - Mid-war Hungarian Forces 1942-43
Mid War Edition
The Hungarians joined the war against the Soviet Union in June 1941, first contributing a mobile corps of light tanks, motorised infantry and cavalry. By 1942 they had committed an entire field army of 220,000 men made up of ten divisions in three corps. The freshly raised force was made up of young Hungarian recruits with little combat experience, but they were soon proving themselves in hard fighting on the Don River. They were backed up by the 1st Armoured Field Division who had many veterans of the fighting in 1941.
Inside Hungarian Steel: Mid-war Hungarian Forces 1942-43 you will find:
Background on the 2nd Hungarian Army on the Eastern front 1942 to 1943.
Instructions on how to build:
- A T-38 Tank Company armed with German suppled Czech T-38 (Panzer 38(t)) tanks, as well as Panzer III and Panzer IV medium tanks, and Toldi light tanks.
- A Panzer IV Tank Company based around Panzer IV (short 7.5cm) and Panzer IV (long 7.5cm) medium tanks. This formation can also field a Toldi light tank platoon.
- An Autocannon Company fielding Nimrod AA tanks armoured with Bofors 40mm AA guns, filling the role of both anti-aircraft weapons and tank-hunters.
- A Motorised Rifle Company from the 1st Armoured Field Division, like the other formations above from this division the troops have good ratings. As the infantry of the armoured division that have a good selection of weapons, including HMGs, anti-tank rifles, light mortars, available in the Motorised Rifle Platoons, as well as formation weapons units with machine-guns, 81mm mortars, and 40mm and 50mm anti-tank guns.
- A Huszár Squadron formation of cavalry. You can field a whole squadron of famous Hungarian Huszars complete with their own 75mm Huszar Gun Battery and anti-tank guns.
- A Rifle Company from one of the Light Divisions with machine-guns, 81mm mortars, anti-tank and regiment guns adding to their firepower.
- Backing these up is a good selection of support including Marder Tank-hunters, Csaba armoured cars, 75mm anti-tank guns, Assault Pioneers, anti-aircraft, artillery and air support.
The booklet also includes a painting guide and handy basing guide to help get you troops on the table.
The booklet comes bundled with Unit Cards (36) and Command Cards (27).
The Command Cards include build cards like the Pioneer Company or Toldi Light Tank Company, unit upgrades like Páncélvadász (discard to give an infantry team AT3 and FP 1+ in an Assault) or Storm over the Don (Infantry Units in this Formation Dig In on a roll of 3+).
So if you are looking for a nation that offers lots of different formation and unit options, you should consider the Hungarians.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Milsims Games users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.