Shadows of Brimstone: Forbidden Fortress Core Set
Shadows of Brimstone: Forbidden Fortress is a new dungeon crawl adventure board game in the Shadows of Brimstone series. It can either be played on its own, as a stand-alone game, or it can be used in combination with any and all of the other Shadows of Brimstone products! It is fully compatible, in every way!
Players take on the role of courageous Heroes, fighting back a tide of evil creatures and demons that have invaded their world! Play as the stalwart Samurai Warrior, using your mastery of the Katana and your bushido code of honor to defeat your foes in combat, the nimble and deadly ninja Assassin, using stealth and speed as weapons, the Traveling Monk, a member of an ancient Yamabushi order devoted to fighting supernatural creatures wherever they may be found, and the powerful and mystic Sorceress, who wields Elemental Magik to crush her enemies.
Set in Feudal Japan, the Heroes must brave the Forbidden Fortress; a feudal castle overrun with all manner of Demons, Ghosts, and Monsters inspired by Japanese myth and legend. The massive Oni, red beast-like ogres wielding giant clubs, stalk the halls, while deadly Tengu sword masters descend from the skies with their raven wings to attack the Heroes. Legions of Samurai Dishonored Dead rise from the grave, and writhing Acidic Tentacles burst from the floor to spit acid and feed on the Heroes with their razor sharp teeth. But at the heart of the fortress lie the most terrifying and epic foes of all; the Harionago, a ghostly, demonic woman, held aloft by the twisting strands of her animated hair, which is also used to entangle and slash at the Heroes with its vicious barbs, and the towering Living Statue, possessed by Darkness to break away from its posts, wreaking havoc and smashing the castle it was once built to protect!
- 27 multi piece hard plastic, 32mm scale game miniatures for the Heroes and Enemies.
- Immersive adventures and story driven gameplay, using the Shadows of Brimstone™ Game Engine.
- Fully Cooperative, with all of the players working together against the game itself
- Dynamically generated adventures, 12 different Missions, and 4 unique Heroes with many options for customization, the game is designed for massive replayability.
- Built-in Campaign system for keeping your Hero characters from game to game, finding new items on your adventures and gaining new skills and abilities as you go up in level.
- Heroes visit a Feudal Japanese Village between mission to re-stock and re-supply before the next adventure, having a mini-adventure in town.
- Double-sided Map Tiles include a Japanese Fortress on one side and the Belly of the Beast OtherWorld on the back side for the Heroes to explore; stepping through a shimmering portal and continuing their adventures in an alien world inside of a massive living creature.
- Over 250 game cards, a full set of beautifully illustrated, double-sided Map Tiles, a host of dice and counters, and all of the large Hero and Enemy record sheets needed to play
- Includes a CD Soundtrack of original Music, created to set the mood while playing.
For new players, Forbidden Fortress is a great introduction to the world of Shadows of Brimstone, and for veteran players, it adds a ton of new content, including two brand new Worlds to explore - the Japanese castles and temples of the Forbidden Fortress and a living world inside a massive creature in the Belly of the Beast. It also includes a brand new set of Heroes and Enemies to add to your games. With the option of starting your Heroes in Feudal Japan or the Old West, or having a mixed party of Heroes, drawn from both worlds, the possibilities are endless!
|Brand||Flying Frog Productions|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Milsims Games users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.