Tour of Duty Rules - FW901
he Vietnam War (or the American War to the Vietnamese) defined a generation, whether it was through service in Vietnam or opposition to the war. The war in Vietnam, fought nearly half a century ago, remains one of the longest and bloodiest wars since the Second World War. Despite its popular depiction as a guerrilla war of endless patrols and small ambushes, both sides were constantly looking for decisive victories in large-scale battles.
The Free World had all of the advantages of mobility and firepower. Whole battalions flew into battle in helicopters, while the air cavalry rarely even set foot on the ground. Armoured cavalry and mechanised infantry used their M113 ‘tracks’ both for mobility and heavy firepower. Of course, the majority of soldiers were still ‘grunts’ fighting on foot, but even they could call in massive firepower at will.
The Nationalists had the advantages of the home team. They fought as guerrillas, appearing as if from nowhere to ambush the Free World forces hunting them and used local knowledge to outwit their foes. Later, as the war progressed, they switched to conventional tactics using armoured forces in open battle.
This book allows you to recreate these battles on the tabletop using the popular Flames Of War rules.
Inside You Will Find
- A history of the Vietnam War from the escalation as US and other Free World forces arrived in 1965 to the ‘Vietnamisation’ of the war in 1971.
- History of the Battle of Ia Drang, the fighting in the Iron Triangle, the Battle of Fire Base Coral, and Operation Lam Son 719.
- The option to field Free World forces:
- US Airmobile, Mechanised, and Rifle Companies, Air and Armored Cavalry Troops, and Tank Companies.
- Australian Tank and Cavalry Squadrons, and Australian and NZ Rifle Companies.ARVN Combat Car and Armoured Cavalry Squadrons, and Rifle Companies.
- History of the North Vietnamese regular, main force, and local force units, special tasks (sapper) units, and armoured forces.
- The option to field Nationalist Infantry and Armoured Battalions, supported by local forces, sappers, and disguised resistance fighters.
- Inspirational colour photos.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Milsims Games users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.