Catan 5th Edition: Cities & Knights Expansion
Dark clouds are gathering over the peaceful island of Catan. Wild barbarians, attracted by the wealth of Catan, sailed to attack the country. Fortunately, warning has given Catan time to meet the danger. The size of the barbarian army corresponds to the number of cities in Catan. Thus, for Catan to fend off the barbarian attack, the players must form a knight force as strong as the barbarian force.
In addition to fending off the barbarians, players compete to build the three great metropolises of Catan. Each of these magnificent centers are worth two additional victory points. To build a metropolis, players must invest in city improvements. To acquire these improvements, players must acquire the three new types of Trade Cards: Coinage, Paper, and Cloth. These cards can only be gained by building a city next to mountain, forest, or pasture hexes.
5th Edition Changes
- The boxes have all transitioned from landscape to portrait.
- The graphics of all covers and tiles and cards were executed by the same artist.
- The backs of all cards remain the same, the faces of the cards are new art.
- The tiles have similar perspective to the 4th edition tiles, but the art is new and slightly different, it’s a new artist.
- The dice remain the same
- The wood components remain the same colours and supplier.
- The rules book contains new graphics.
- The tile size and cut remain the same as the previous 4th edition, since July 2013.
- 36 Commodity Cards
- 54 Progress Cards
- 6 Victory Point Cards
- 3 Wooden Metropolis Pieces
- 1 Wooden Merchant Figure
- 1 Custom Event Die
- 1 Wooden Barbarian Ship
- 24 Wooden Knights
- 12 City Walls
- 4 Development Flip-Charts
- 1 Sea Frame Piece
- 1 Rulebook
Requires ownership of The Settlers of Catan to play.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Milsims Games users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.